- Hickson Timber Impregnation Co. Ltd. establishes first timber impregnation salts factory HEMEL in Turkey
- Becomes one of the leading supplier to PTT and TEC of impregnation salts for poles
- First long lasting exterior breather paint Hickson Decor on the market.
- Distribution agreement signed with leading Italian paint manufacturer, Sayerlack.
- First two component water based parquet varnish offered to the Turkish Market.
- First "Class1" certified fire retardant Sayerlack on sale.
- Hickson's Timber Impregnation Co. Ltd. acquired by Arch Chemicals one of the leading chemical companies of USA.
- First arsenic free, environmentally friendly vacuum pressure impregnation material offered to the Turkish Wood Sector.
- First entry in to the do it yourself market with Bauhaus and Koçtaş shops.
- Production of construction group wood coatings started with the establishment of the HEMEL factory in Tuzla.
- Arch Chemicals acquired by Swiss Lonza, leading biocidal producer in the world.
- ISO 9001:2008 and OHSAS 18001:2007 Quality Certifications acquired.
- R & D department established.
- Production focused on water based and environmentally friendly products.
- HEMEL enters 50. Year in the sector with renewed logo and new tins.
- Countries exported to increased to 12.
- Sales points within Turkey reached 350 locations.