HEMEL® Varnish for Exterior
- Water repellent
- Allows wood to breathe
- UV resistant with SA 11XX stain
- Does not crack, peel or blister
- Environmentally friendly
- Ready to use
Where to Use:
- Suitable for all exterior wood except floors
- Doors and window joinery
- Balcony railings
- Roof fringes
- 2,5 L.
This product is clear. Therefore, there is no color chart.
Hemel Products CatalogueHemel_Product_Catalogue.pdf
SDS-Hemel Varnish for ExteriorSDS-Hemel-Varnish-for-Exterior.pdf
TDS-HEMEL Varnish for ExteriorTDS-HEMEL-Varnish-for-Exterior-en.pdf
EN 71-3 Toy Safety Certificate - HEMEL Varnish for ExteriorEN71-3-Hemel-Varnish-for-Exterior.pdf
- 1 L. covers 3-4 m² with 2 coats
- Before applying the product, wait 4-6 hours for HEMEL Universal Stain or Hickson Decor® Aqua Industrial-Stain applied surface to dry.
- The product is ready to use and does not require thinning.
- Stir the product thoroughly before use and check its homogeneity. Repeat this process during the application.
- Apply the product in 2 coats by brush on HEMEL Universal Stain or Hickson Decor® Aqua Industrial-Stain applied surface without sanding (wet on wet) and wait 1,5-2 hours between coats.
- For any reason, if 3 hours exceeded between coats, wait 24 hours and sand the surface with #220/240 sandpaper before applying the second coat.
- Wait 24 hours for complete dry.
- For the best result, slight sanding between coats is advised.
Maintenance (when the same product had been used before):
- Do not apply the product directly on pre-coated surfaces.
- Clean the wood surface completely from dirt and oil and perform a slight sanding.
- Thoroughly clean the generated dust.
- Repeat same process as described in “Application” with 1 or 2 coats depending on weathering.
- Inspect annually and maintain as required.
- FOR EXTERIOR USE ONLY.
- NOT SUITABLE FOR FLOORINGS.
- To achieve UV protection, must be applied on HEMEL Universal Stain or Hickson Decor® Aqua Industrial-Stain.
- Keep product closed when not in use.
- The general application temperature of the product is between 15oC to 25oC at a relative humidity range of 40-65%.
- The moisture content of the wood should be max. 20%.
- Do not apply the product under direct sunlight or rain.
- Do not apply linseed oil, basecoat/primer, yacht varnish before or after HEMEL Varnish for Exterior applied surfaces.
- Wait 72 hours before packaging coated/finished goods.
- The same product can be purchased in 15 L. cans as Hickson Decor® Aqua Industrial-Varnish.
- The product should be protected from freezing and stored at temperatures between 5°C to 35°C.
- Painting tools should be cleaned with soap and plenty of warm water after application.
- USE WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.
- Do not use empty plastic cans for other purposes.
- To avoid overexposure, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying.
- Avoid contact with eyes and skin.
- Wash hands after using.
- FIRST AID: In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water. Get medical attention if irritation persists. If swallowed, call Poison Control Center, hospital emergency room, or physician immediately.
- Dispose of contents/plastic cans in accordance with national regulations.
- Please refer to the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) of the product for health and safety information.